How To Apply
It is easy to apply for coverage with MHIP.
- Review the Enrollment Guide for information on plan costs and benefits.
- Print the Enrollment Application Form.
- Read the Enrollment Guide which explains the plan options, the eligibility criteria and the documentation that must be submitted with your application. Each section of the Enrollment Application Form is explained.
- Complete the Enrollment Application Form.
Note: If the application is not complete, it will be returned to you. This will delay your enrollment in the plan.
- Attach copies of the residency and eligibility documentation required for the eligibility category for which you qualify.
- Mail the Enrollment Application Form and the required documentation to:
Maryland Health Insurance Plan
Enrollment and Billing
10455 Mill Run Circle, RR-380
Owings Mills, MD 21117-9685
Please note that MHIP applications may not be faxed.
- Applications received on or before the 15th day of the month will be effective on the first day of the following month. For example, an application received on or before August 15th will be effective on September 1st.
- Applications received on or after the 16th day of the month will be effective on the first day of the second month. For example, an application received on August 16th will be effective on October 1st.
Note: Those individuals applying under HIPAA may qualify for other effective dates.