Overview of MHIP Premiums, Billing and Payments
The MHIP Board of Directors establishes monthly premiums for MHIP and MHIP Federal.
If you have low or moderate income, you may qualify for reduced premiums through MHIP+ or MHIP Federal+. To apply for reduced premiums be sure to complete the additional sections for the MHIP+ and MHIP Federal+ on the MHIP Enrollment Application Form.
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive an invoice for your first month's premium. That invoice must be paid in order to activate your coverage.
- Once enrolled, MHIP sends members monthly premium invoices.
Premium payments are due the first day of the month for which coverage is provided. Payments can be made by check or through eBilling.
- Checks should be made payable to "Maryland Health Insurance Plan."
- Write your MHIP member ID number on your check and include the payment slip from the bottom of your approval letter. In order to ensure that your payment is properly applied to your account, always include your member ID number on your check.
- Mail checks to the address provided on the approval letter.
As a member, you can save time and take advantage of our online billing system called eBilling. With eBilling you can:
- Set up recurring monthly payments with your checking account
- View and pay your monthly bill online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Check the status of your payment and any outstanding balances
- End the hassle of buying stamps and the worry of getting your payment in the mail on time.
Once you become a member, you'll be able to set up your eBilling account through My Account located at www.carefirst.com/myaccount.